Well hey there wordpress. It’s been too long. Like a year and a half. I’m half-sorry for neglecting you and half-not-sorry-at-all, because the past year and a half has been amazing but having an online record of that would have been pretty great.
It should come as no surprise to anyone who actually reads this blog that the reason I’m writing something now is because I have a test tomorrow that I don’t want to study for. Eventually I’ll probably write posts about awesome things that happened in my wordpress hiatus (and hopefully new awesome things!), but for now here is a brief set of highlights:
- I spent half of 2014 living in London where literally all my dreams came true. Well, one particular dream. I achieved my longstanding fangirl fantasy of meeting The Horrors (all five of them!) and my life became one step closer to complete. There were so many more amazing things that happened while I was in London that it definitely needs several more posts of its own.
- Instead of dealing with post-travel depression when I got back home, I instead met possibly the greatest person ever and he’s been making my life pretty great since then.
- I became an aunt, and my niece is the only child I’m not scared of and actually like.
- In terms of concerts, I’ve since seen City & Colour, The Horrors (for the third time), Passenger (twice), Lorde, and Angus & Julia Stone. All were incredible.
- I weaned myself off Tumblr because it was taking up too much of my life. I replaced it with a Pinterest addiction.
- I finished my third year of university and am now 4 weeks into my fourth and final year of my undergrad. I still have no clue what to do with my life.
- I’ve read over past posts and am acutely aware of how different I’ve become, but it’s a difference I’m proud of. If I can continue to spend my life shaping myself into a person, I think that will be a life well lived.