… I’m feeling like referencing an already over-referenced Taylor Swift song because it’s undeniably catchy and appropriate because I am now officially feeling 22! I thought it’d be nice to make a list of
22 11 things (22 is a surprisingly big number wow) because I’m a sucker for lists:
- I have my birthday off work so I can spend the day indulging in glorious nothing.
- Next week I conclude 4 tortuous & amazing years and officially graduate from university.
- My friend Erin visited me last weekend and, because she’s from the States, we did our own NZ Thanksgiving dinner which was lovely and bizarre (pumpkin in a pie? calling kumara ‘sweet potatoes’ and then putting sugar on them? biscuits that aren’t synonymous with cookies??).
- The other super best friend I made while studying abroad is coming to visit NZ next year and I am so excited for us to all be reunited.
- Another friend of mine (who I went to Laneway 2012 with) bought me The Horrors’ album Skying on vinyl for my birthday.
- I’m still friends with the same group of people I hung out with when I was 14.
- My parents don’t charge me board for living at home (yet).
- My boyfriend sees me cry about ridiculous things at least once a day and still seems to like me (I relate to this post far too well)
- He also got a free Lightbox subscription which means now I can finally watch Buffy.
- We bought our plane tickets to Canada so now I am ready to let myself be excited about my new adventure.
- I’m finally feeling excited and inspired about writing again.